Saturday, June 6, 2009

Yves Saint Laurent S/S 09

Two years ago, a close friend (whom I had established a tight bond with under the most serendipitous situation) and I were talking about fashion style and designers. She, being a couple of years older (and wiser) had already figured out who were her favourite designers. She is definitely very fashion forward. I, on the other hand had just started to do some deep thinking about how I would approach my 30s and my new decade's milestones. Anyway that aside, I did list down a few designers who I had felt had defined me then; Marni, Dries van Noten, Valentino, to name a few. 

This morning while I was trawling the internet for some fashion updates, I realised that my favourites have changed. My style definition is eclectic, a good dose of old school classic mixed with modern basics. At present after rethinking it, my favourite designers that define me are YSL (lots of black, whites and greys, perfect in everyway), Lanvin (classic and fun), Martin Margiela (for quirky pieces and basics from the most mysterious designer), Dries Van Noten (for prints and diversity), Alexander Mc Queen (for spunk) and Balenciaga (for the odd spice). Good thing about it is that I love my vintages, and I don't have to wear a new and current piece.

After all that random rambling, it's my pleasure to share with you some favourite looks from the current season of Yves Saint Laurent.














No comments: