Friday, October 17, 2008

Port Fairy, Victoria, Australia

This is definitely one of my favourite places to go for a weekend. It is a 4 hour drive from Melbourne city and is very serene. The village centre is small and quaint with beautiful Victorian architecture. It has its own island, river and 2 fabulous beaches. Port Fairy has a number of lovely holiday accommodations ranging from motels to holiday houses. I love their beach fronted holiday houses as well as their cottages. 

A few years back, a couple of old uni mates and I went there for a weekend break. We rented a river front house with its own jetty. Very beautiful. We had 2 crazy nights of drinking games, fishing, relaxing, walking around the village and the beaches. The perfect escape from the maddening crowd...

I've been thinking of Melbourne a lot lately. Maybe I will post some pictures in the next few days of my favourite city.
The village centre on Sackville St.
The lighthouse on Griffith Island.
The river front properties along Moyne river.
The stunning Eastern Beach at sunset.

No comments: