Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bake me a Dream.

I always knew that I would love baking but I never thought this much. Been thinking a lot of sugar flowers these days. I don't want to bake plain old cupcakes with buttercream. I want to be creative, I want it to look as good as it taste, I want it to be my work of art.

Hunting for them isn't as easy as I would like to think. It's hard to find them in Singapore. I suspect we don't take as much pain in baking or decorating to even have our own supplier that sells these sugar flowers. However, there is always online shopping.

I recently acquired the "Crabapple Bakery's Cupcake Cookbook". I hear that the recipes were wonderful. Can't wait to try my hand at it.


A scene from the Sofia Coppola movie, "Marie Antoinette". Love this scene with the cakes baked by the famous Ladurée.

A cake from the Cupcake Company in Brisbane, picture is taken from Absolutely Beautiful Things.

Another View of the Cake.

A cookbook from the Once Famous and now defunct Crabapple Cupcake Bakery at Prahran Market, Victoria Australia.  

Love the way the cupcakes from Crabapple Cupcake Bakery look. I love their Sugar Daisies as well. Pretty.

These sugar Cherry Blossoms are from Wendy Kromer. Aren't they lovely?

This sugar Magnolia is also from Wendy Kromer.

Sylvia Weinstock makes the Haute Couture of cakes. Her cakes are usually very elaborate with hand made sugar flowers which looks exactly like the real thing.

Another of Sylvia Weinstock's work.


No comments: