Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year/Decade (Fashion) Resolution.

I don't know what got into me today. Suddenly I realised that that the new year is just a day odd away and I am about to be in my very very late 20s. As I recalled and went through my mental checklist which I came up with when I turned 20, I must say that I am proud of myself. I have accomplished what I wanted to do in this decade except for the one terribly (recently turned) uncertain bit of having children. 

I proceeded to think of what's left of my late twenties and what I aim to accomplish in my 30s. One thing for sure, I need to clean out my wardrobe. A month back, I acquired (what I deemed as the style wake up call) a simple Winter 2006 black Lanvin dress (cheaply) through ebay. Apparently, I have no qualms of wearing past season pieces or someone else's wardrobe discard. I think it is time to start buying a couple of nice classic pieces for my wardrobe. I want to grow old gracefully, to find my signature look or style. I think the late 20s and 30s may just be the time to do that.

I am pretty sure that I don't want to be a 30 something and still dressing like a teen or in my twenties. I need to wear more tailored outfits and dress better. After all, impressions do count.

Check out the outfits that I have picked for my style inspiration for my 30s. Designers that I love are Marni, Dries Van Noten, some Martin Margiela, Phillip Lim, YSL and Lanvin.

Dries Van Noten top. Love the detailing and lovely cutting.


Marni short sleeve ruffled top. Love the drama.


Lanvin Ruched Muslin top. This could be great for a Friday.


Dries Van Noten Dress. Fine. I admit, I love Dries Van Noten so much that I had to wear his dress down the aisle.


3.1 Phillip Lim double fan dress.

No comments: