Tuesday, August 11, 2009

In a Haiku Mood.

It's been a while since I have written poetry. Today I've probably gone under the weather and I felt a need to write a little haiku. Haiku is a free form poetry with a total of 17 syllabus in it. Traditionally it has 3 lines and 5-7-5 are the syllabus in each line usually with a underlying seasonal theme. Most of the time it is written with nature in mind. However, the english version of haiku, sometimes there are only 12 or 14 syllabus and it is written simply, expressively and cryptic.

I may be a tat rusty but for warm up, this would suffice. These are 4 different haikus put into a set. Enjoy.


Outside, my bleak soul
looms, waiting for the dry truth
as the leaves fall neat.

Invite into me
an uncertainty of speech
feeling limerence.

To my kindred friend,
I long to be in your stead,
buried in many thoughts.

Let me go to him.
Don't Resuscitate us and
forge our crimson fall.

No comments: