Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dwell Studio.

I think that to be able to crease your bed linens is a luxury. Maybe that's why I would even bother ironing my sheets and duvet covers. I love bed linens. It is an obsession that my mother has infected me with as a child. 

During this time of the year, just before Chinese New Year, my mother would take me to departmental stores to buy (Sheridan) bedding. She loved cotton sheets with generous amounts of pastel floral details. She often reminded me of how beautiful it is to have the sheets match with the duvet covers. She loved them as a set, from the same collection.

I, however never realised that I have had the obsessive disease till I went away to study. Being in engineering, the boys never bothered about bedding and were hardly the house proud sort; as long as they had their telly, bed and food, they were happy campers. I remembered how lovely it was to walk through shops looking at the latest homewear. I loved country road's bedding. They had the simplest yet most outstanding designs. I would be planning which sheet sets or duvet covers to get when they would go on sale. 

There is so much to learn about how to make the bed inviting. I would recommend goose down pillows and duvet, crisp (very crisp) cotton sheets, and a few (but not too many throw pillows). I would even go as far as to iron the sheets with a little rose water or eau de linge (only when laying out a clean set). Everyone loves crisp, lightly perfumed sheets.

What sheets am I into at this moment? Sheets from DwellStudio

Dwell Home Furnishings was founded by Christiane Lemieux in 1999 in an effort to bring modern textile design to the world of home. Christiane was soon joined by Jennifer Chused as Partner and Vice President of Sales and Merchandising, and later by Christiane's husband, Joshua Young, as President and CEO. The company quickly established itself as a leader and innovator in the bedding market - and expanded to a fuller offering of home furnishings products, including table, baby, and junior. With a unique sense of color, an unwavering commitment to quality, and always remaining a step ahead in design, DwellStudio continues to create its own distinctive interpretation of home furnishings design.


Hedgerow in Saffron.


Draper Stripe in Ash.


Stanton in Blue.


Sketch.


Thicket.

No comments: