Friday, April 2, 2010

The Schaffer Residence.

Yes, it's no surprise that I was gushing about the house that Colin Firth's in "A Single Man". Colin Firth may be the very attractive brooding man with a few very cute love interests, but it's his house that I was absolutely in love with. So much so that I googled it once I got home.

Guess what? The Schaffer Residence, which is at the foot of Verdugo Mountains is up for sale at USD$1.495 million. It has recently been painstakingly restored and is ready to be the pride and joy of an architecture enthusiast (like me). It was designed by John Lautner in 1949. Lautner was one of Frank Lloyd Wright's apprentice for six years and later he went on to be one of the most recognised American architect.

The Schaffer Residence has open plan living, dining and den areas. This redwood, glass and steel structure houses two bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms. I simply love it. Although it is modern, it refrains from being cold and proud. Instead it has so much character; it is cosy, warm, honest, intelligent, mysterious, yet intriguing. Doesn't that already sound like a man you would date and keep?




















No comments: