Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New View.

It's been a strange day. The theme of friendship, apathy and altruism has been popping up the entire day like as though like as though it were something I should pay attention to. After giving this much thought about the matter, I will be the first to admit this. I have a lot of acquaintances, but friends and true friends a handful. I have already been resigned to the fact that to expect so much out of a single person (may it be romantic or not) is not fair to that person. There is no such thing as a soulmate (aka, the right one).

What is my definition of soulmate? It is a special term for people who you have made a special connection with who understand you without much difficulty. You have that feeling as though there were nothing between you and that person's core. It's just joint. Kindred spirits of a premium league.

Now that it has been explained, let me go on. I strongly believe in life, we have not one but many soulmates. I, for one have had a few that have come in and out of my life, but there were also those who stood by me, through the storm and I am so thankful for them. It's not the number of soulmates I have in my life, it is the quality of friendship that they have offered to me.

Hearts are made to be full and open. I know that it sounds rather dangerous as in it gives them the chance to hurt you. However, if you let them into your life and be the best friend you can to them and allow them to love you for who you are, you will realise that your returns are great and very fulfilling. We are not talking about friendship investments, in hope of a great return someday. We are talking about altruistic friends. Friends, who issue help and give with their hearts wide open without wanting anything in return and you, on the other hand accept it without having to feel bad or think that you need to return the favour.

To start this year, I want to say thank you thank you thank you thank you to my very very special soulmates in life. You have no idea how much you mean to me and I love you so much.

No comments: